November 16, 2008

You Don't Stop.

I just got back from the KL Hip Hop festival and I am DEAD TIRED. The event was OK, I guess. To be honest, I only came for the graff jam which was hosted by PHBKLK. Like I said in my earlier post, Cyde02 was invited to paint with them along with Kurn, Nenok, NBA and Keas.

The music acts were pretty sweet though. The Diplomats' performance with Ras Muhammad was my favourite act and I'm definitely gonna be keeping a lookout on X'Statix from Singapore. I didn't stay for Akil's performance 'cause it was already half past 11-ish when I left and cabs cost a fortune after midnight.

It was disappointing that the event wasn't organized very well 'cause the concept was genius - bringing together Asia's take on the hip hop culture's four elements (graffiti, breakdancing, MC-ing and turntablism); but they didn't really advertise the event much so ticket sales were pretty sparse. Which apparently is why the rumoured 'A-List' international acts pulled out.

I had fun though, so it's all love. Click HERE for pictures from the event.

No comments: