November 14, 2008

Look out for this one!

In this digital age, I always find it so refreshing to see designers who still produce hand-drawn works. That's how I felt when I stumbled upon Nikki Farquharson's mixed media fashion illustrations. They remind me of a more pop-artsy version of Charles Anastase's illustrations.

What really caught my attention about this recent Graphic Design graduate though, was the range of her typography work. Her digital works have a more futuristic code-like look, while her hand-drawn stuff are more towards traditional type infused with trippy organic shapes.
This is a part of her Rebuilding Expressions A-Z project and next to it is a comissioned response for Nike's the Art of Football brief.

I don't care much about football either but her typography brings a flutter to MY heart. God, I hope she doesn't mind this post. :P

Check out her other works here. Also if you study in LUCT, do check out the GD seniors' exhibition going on at the 2nd floor of the design building. It opened today and will be up 'til the 18th. :)

[EDIT]

Nikki sent a thank you email! I es a happy fangirl. XP

[/EDIT]

No comments: